Job Title: Information Systems Assistant
Job ID: R22-32
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill vacancies for two Network and User Support Specialist positions located in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Information Systems Assistant is responsible for assisting in the management of a PC-based network in a medium-sized educational environment, maintaining of inventory records, and for providing user support for hardware and software issues. The ISA is responsible for troubleshooting computer-related problems, installing and resolving questions regarding hardware and software, and maintaining databases, records of upgrades, installations, and resolutions to computer issues/problems.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in a related field;
2. One to three years’ experience in hardware installation, repair, and maintenance;
3. One to three years’ experience in end-user support;
4. Demonstrated experience with network hardware and software technology, Microsoft Windows troubleshooting, anti-virus software and Microsoft Office products;
5. Good organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent communication skills;
6. Ability to work with a culturally diverse population;
7. Ability to lift and transport equipment up to 40 lbs.
1. Three to five years’ experience supporting servers and troubleshooting communications on a Microsoft
2. Three to five years’ experience providing end-user support
3. Demonstrated experience providing software training and/or documentation
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $60s annually
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Candidates selected for final interview will be asked to complete an assignment related to this position’s job functions.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=147856
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.