Job Title: Project Staff Assistant
Job ID: R19-58
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full time Project Staff Assistant position located in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Project Staff Assistant will assist other PSWP staff in planning, coordinating, scheduling, and facilitating various training programs focused on the professional development needs of the Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PS&T) and Management/Confidential (M/C) employees in New York State. Duties include but are not limited to: conducting needs assessments with NYS agencies with PS&T and M/C employees; planning and coordinating general training offerings and offerings in varied occupational fields, including accounting, education, counseling, engineering, law/criminal justice, health care, and information technology; participating in programmatic meetings; liaising with professional training and educational institutions; assisting with developing evaluation instruments and reports; utilizing Access databases for reporting and the input of data; and other duties as assigned to fulfill contractual obligations.
1) Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting institution in Public Administration or related field.
2) Minimum 2 years work experience in a training, workforce development or similar workplace environment.
3) Working knowledge of the structure of NYS government and the composition and distribution of the workforce.
4) Working knowledge of professional public unions and working in a labor-management environment.
5) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6) Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
7) Demonstrated computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office products including Word, Access, Outlook, and Excel.
8) Ability to manage, prioritize and complete numerous tasks within established deadlines.
9) Attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
10) Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
11) Ability to occasionally travel between project training sites within NYS to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
Preferred qualifications:1) New York State or other public sector workforce development experience.
2) Knowledge of Research Foundation policies and procedures.
3) Experience with Learning Management Systems.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low 50s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=116377
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.