Dr. James C Hall, Jr., vice president for special programs and external affairs at York College headed York College’s division for adult and continuing education since its founding in 1972 and was responsible for the division’s emergence as one of the largest among four year colleges within the City University of New York.
Dr. Hall’s leadership and unwavering commitment to excellence were legendary within the adult education community. He was convinced that educational institutions could play a critical role in helping people overcome their fears and prejudices and become more tolerant and accepting of others. He was an active member of the adult education community and held leadership positions in both city and state-wide professional organizations. He was also a board member of the Institute for the Management of Lifelong Learning Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
Exemplary Credit Program Development
Nominations must be made by a current member of CEANY in good standing. Nomination must be for a current member of CEANY in good standing, self nominations are acceptable. Nomination must be from within the last year of annual conference. Nomination must provide evidence of exemplary achievement in at least three (3) of the categories listed below:
1. Hiring graduates of continuing education programs.
2. Making a long-term commitment to providing continuing education for its employees / members.
3. Giving financial support to a college’s continuing education program.
4. Providing technical or other support to a college’s continuing education program.
5. Creating and implementing innovative continuing education programs.
6. Promoting public continuing education to the general public.
7. Securing grants and/or other funding for continuing education.
8. Workforce development.
9. Partnering in workforce/community development.
Exemplary Marketing Program