Job Title: Project Staff Assistant/Event Planner
Job ID: R22-36
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Project Staff Assistant/Event Planner position within PDP’s Department of Temporary Assistance Training in Albany, NY
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position plans and executes local, regional, and statewide in-person and online/virtual education and training events in support of NYS policy initiatives, including conferences, meetings, and training programs; serves as an event planning specialist and member of a professional adult education and training event planning team and a logistical/project support team; and works with project sponsors and project staff to establish clear training event goals for guiding the execution of project activities.
Duties include, but are not limited to: Planning and executing a variety of in-person and online/virtual adult education and training events and programs (e.g., trainings, conferences, meetings, forums, retreats, webinars, self-paced online materials), including all phases of event planning, logistics, and project support; serving as an event planning specialist, including assessing event needs, interpreting/using event evaluation data, using best practices and industry standards in the event planning/coordination field, developing event work plans, providing on-site support for in-person events, moderating/delivering live and recorded online/virtual events, and assisting the on-boarding of project staff; identifying suitable event venues, accommodations/room blocks, equipment, caterers, vendors, consultants/subcontractors, and travel plans, and making arrangements within event and project parameters; negotiating and processing contracts with event venues and other project-related vendors; processing payment requests and monitoring budgets and fiscal reports; developing, reviewing, proofreading, and preparing correspondence, procedures, reports, proposals, budgets, project management plans, work agreements with vendors and consultants/subcontractors, event/training materials, and other project-related documents; maintaining records, including event/logistical files, correspondence, databases, registration, and learning management system; serving as liaison to project sponsors, trainees, and other stakeholders; conducting trainee registrations and completing other project support tasks as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Communications, Hospitality Management, Marketing, or Public, Business, or Educational Administration, or related field and minimum of 3 years of experience planning, coordinating, and executing conferences, meetings, and training events or educational programs.
2. Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Strong knowledge of event planning/coordination industry standards.
4. Demonstrated proficiencies applying best practices in the event planning/coordination field to make logistical arrangements and implement programs.
5. Demonstrated proficiencies assessing, interpreting, researching, and meeting event and training program needs of a complex nature.
6. Demonstrated proficiencies with preparing e-mails/correspondence, procedures, reports, event work plans, budgets, and proposals in conformance with project objectives.
7. Strong problem-solving skills and organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
8. Strong team and customer orientation with demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service.
9. Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure as well as effectively prioritize, manage, and complete multiple tasks within established deadlines and effectively work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines.
10. Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiencies using Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft products, particularly Outlook, Teams, Edge, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
11. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
12. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
13. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver and attend programs and meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1. Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) credential or equivalent.
2. Proficiencies using databases, Event Leaf, and webinar products (e.g., Webex, Zoom, Teams).
3. Additional experience with event planning and coordination.
4. Experience working in an adult education and training or related environment.
5. Working knowledge of the NYS social service delivery system and public welfare programs, such as Temporary Assistance, SNAP, Employment & Advancement Services, and HEAP.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $50s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide two writing samples for which the applicant was the primary author, according to the following: a business e-mail or memorandum written by the applicant (of non-specific length); and a report or event plan written by the applicant (2 to 3 pages in length).
Those selected for a final interview will be expected to complete an assignment and present their assignment outcome/project to the search committee
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=148260
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.