Job Title: Education Specialist
Job ID: R23-61
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill fill an Education Specialist position within PDP’s Early Childhood Education and Training Program and the Child Care Assistance and Legally Exempt Training Programs in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for conducting training and assisting in research to support the work of the Early Childhood Education and
Training Program and the Child Care Assistance and Legally Exempt Training Programs. Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Provide classroom and virtual classroom training using approved training materials for project audiences throughout New York State.
· Review, research and assist in developing training and eLearning content.
· Provide support to maintain compliance with all Research Foundation and University policies, as well as the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) policies, regulations, and procedures for child day-care, child-care assistance, and legally exempt programs.
· Assist in needs assessments and program evaluation and analysis.
· Contribute to, and complete project reports and documentation as required.
· Other duties as assigned to meet contractual obligations.
1) Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in adult education, social services, human services, early childhood education, or other related field.
2) One (full time equivalent) year of experience of providing training to adults in the field of social services, or related field.
3) Experience in the field of early childhood education and NYS child care regulations and policies.
4) Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
5) Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
6) Excellent organizational skills.
7) Demonstrated ability to master training content.
8) Applicants must demonstrate an ability to develop inclusive and equitable relationships within our diverse campus community.
9) Applicants must demonstrate an ability to support diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and belonging, relative to their role.
10) Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
11) Able to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
12) Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
13) Ability to work variable hours and travel throughout NYS to areas that may not be served by public transportation as needed.
14) Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
1) Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in adult education, social services, human services, early childhood education, or other related field.
2) Ability to speak Spanish.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be $50,000-$53,493 (annual).
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. . Please see the RF Benefits Flyer for more information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to present training material to the interview committee.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=167145
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.