Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job ID: R18-25
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist – Youth Engagement Specialist position in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:· Conducting local district, agency, and Regional Office needs assessments.
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position provides coordination, training, and support services to regionally-based youth services staff by conducting various activities related to the development of continuing professional education programming for professionals working with foster care and at-risk youth aged 14-21. Provide targeted training and training support, and other related activities to the assigned OCFS Region. Activity will be determined through the needs assessment process and through agreement with the Division of Child Welfare and Community Services, Regional Offices, Youth Bureaus, local districts and voluntary agencies statewide to improve their performance and the achievement of better safety, permanency, and well-being outcomes for youth in care. Activities will include:
· Developing training and post-training plans with local districts and identifying needed specialized training.
· Providing consultation, coaching, and technical assistance to Regional Office, local districts, and voluntary agencies on professional development and other strategies to improve their practices.
· Delivering training and providing post-training support services in a wide range of adolescent services areas, such as use of guidance regarding educational funding resources, youth engagement strategies, staff development strategies, program design and evaluation, etc.
· Developing and conducting one Youth Voice Event in the assigned region.
· Providing training and support for the Workforce Readiness Program.
· Providing training and skills development to youth in care.
· Active involvement in OCFS initiatives to provide internship opportunities for Youth in Care at the regional level. Related activities may include recruitment, placement, oversight and job coaching.
· Prepare and complete reports as requested.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field.
2. Two years’ experience in child welfare and/or juvenile justice including service delivery to adolescents.
3. Two years’ experience delivering instructional programs for adults and providing consultation.
4. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives.
5. Ability to analyze and interpret information about laws, regulations, policies, current research and best practice having impact on adolescent services;
6. Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written skills.
7. Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with culturally diverse groups of people.
8. Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting.
9. Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products.
10. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and 3 years’ experience in NYS child welfare practice, including the provision and/or supervision of life skills development and adolescent services to adolescents in foster care;
2. A broad knowledge base in areas of adolescence, human sexuality, and foster care systems;
3. Knowledge of adult education theory;
4. Experience in conducting needs assessment;
5. Familiarity with social media platforms; and
6. Experience in curriculum development.
7. Former foster care and justice involved youth are encouraged to apply.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the High $50s.
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation on an adolescent related issue.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=95920
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.