Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job ID: R18-63
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist within PDP’s Department of Temporary Assistance Training in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, position provides leadership to professional education and training programs and project teams; serves as senior project staff, writing coach, and primary curriculum designer/developer on adult education/training teams that support current NYS policy initiatives; as well as serves as an instructional design and curriculum development specialist, trainer, and liaison to project sponsors. Duties include, but are not limited to: planning, researching, designing, developing, and implementing a variety of performance-based curricula and educational materials, including classroom training, e-learning, and self-paced educational and performance support materials; reviewing and monitoring curricula and written products to assure quality and conformance with project objectives; delivering classroom training throughout NYS, virtual classroom training using e-learning technology, and technical assistance programs; conducting training needs assessments; interpreting/using training evaluation data to revise/modify training curricula/materials; completing assignments independently and within team settings; providing coaching, mentoring, and leadership to project staff; maintaining complete records, preparing routine reports, and assisting preparation of materials for sponsors; and performing other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements. Full-time position. Ability to work variable days and work hours, travel regularly throughout NYS, and lift and carry up to 40 lbs. required.
1. Curriculum Development, Adult Education, English, Communications, or related field, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in coordination, development, delivery, and evaluation of adult training programs in traditional and non-traditional settings.
2. Excellent writing, speaking, training delivery, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively write, critique, as well as instruct staff on developing instructional design and project work plans, training objectives, curricula, and educational materials (print and electronic).
4. Thorough knowledge of traditional and non-traditional adult training methods and commitment to developing/delivering performance-based training that incorporates adult learning principles.
5. Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure and attend to details, as well as effectively work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines in shared staff resource setting.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently as well as within teams.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead project teams and encourage and promote teamwork and positive interactions.
8. Strong team and customer orientation and successful experience in coaching, motivating, and developing skills of staff.
9. Working knowledge of the NYS social service delivery system and public welfare programs, such as Temporary Assistance, SNAP, Employment & Advancement Services, HEAP, and Child Support Enforcement, or the administrative/fair hearings process, welfare fraud investigations, and audit/quality improvement initiatives.
10. Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer or Edge, and document and presentation templates.
11. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
12. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
13. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, English, Communications, or related field.
2. Successful experience in technical writing and instructional design.
3. Successful project management and leadership experience.
4. Proficiencies using Microsoft SharePoint and e-learning technology (e.g., WebEx, GoToWebinar, Lectora)
5. Experience working within a state or county social services agency or human services organization.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $60s.
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants must provide with their resumes two writing samples of work where the applicant was the primary author, according to the following: A training curriculum (of non-specific length) designed and developed for adult learners by the applicant; and a report or memorandum (approximately 3 pages in length) that was written by the applicant.
Applicants selected for a second interview will be expected to complete a project that includes completing a training curriculum design assignment and presenting their assignment outcome to the search committee, as well as reading an assignment and writing a response while on-site.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=105009
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.