Job Title: Education Specialist
Job ID: R18-39
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Education Specialist position within PDP’s Department of Temporary Assistance Training in Albany, NY.
Description of Duties:
Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, position delivers traditional and non-traditional education and training programs and supports program and NYS policy initiatives as assigned.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- delivering classroom training throughout NYS;
- delivering virtual classroom training using e-learning technology;
- updating, maintaining, and developing instructional materials (print and electronic); and
- performing research for and assisting in the design of curriculum, related materials, and
visual aids for a variety of performance-based training.
Perform other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized
accrediting organization, in Adult Education, Communications, English, Social Science, or related field, and
one year of experience working in a social services setting or in the delivery of adult training programs.
2. Excellent writing, speaking, training delivery, group facilitation, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to research subject matter, review program evaluation data, prepare an analysis of
data gathered and assembled, and prepare training curricula and materials.
4. Working knowledge of adult learning principles and training methods.
5. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and effectively manage multiple tasks.
6. Strong attention to detail.
7. Strong team and customer orientation.
8. Demonstrated ability to coordinate activity with colleagues in a positive manner and effectively work
independently as well as with teams under supervision.
9. Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Edge
or Explorer, and document and presentation templates.
10. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
11. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
12. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and
attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
Preferred Qualifications:COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the High $40s.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized
accrediting organization, in Adult Education, Communications, English, Social Science, or related field.
2. Three years of experience delivering training to adults.
3. Specific knowledge of, or experience in the delivery of, public welfare programs: especially Temporary
Assistance, SNAP, Employment & Advancement Services, HEAP, or Child Support Enforcement; or the
administrative/fair hearings process, welfare fraud investigations, or audit/quality improvement initiatives.
4. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and e-learning/webinar technology.
5. Experience working within a state or county social services agency.
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=98688
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants must also provide a writing sample (approximately 3 pages in length), such as a training curriculum, report, or memorandum for which the applicant was the primary author.
Applicants selected for a final interview will be expected to complete an assignment and present their assignment outcome/project to the search committee.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.