Job Title: Project Staff Associate
Job ID: R21-44
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Project Staff Associate position in Albany, NY
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the manager, position oversees, and coordinates project activities related to the support of NYS early childhood adult education and scholarship and rebate. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities: Coordinate the daily operations of multiple early childhood scholarship and rebate programs; monitor funding allocations to ensure compliance with budgetary and financial reporting requirements; coordinate individual and team project activities, including making assignments, monitoring activities, and providing coaching and mentoring as needed; assure accuracy and quality of all scholarship, rebate and project materials and conformance with project objectives; supervise, evaluate, and train project staff; develop, review, and prepare correspondence, reports, proposals, budgets, training organization agreements, event materials, and other project-related documents; process payment requests and monitor budgets and fiscal reports; serve as liaison to project sponsors, trainees, and other stakeholders; other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, management or a related field from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2. Two years of work experience related to financial operations.
3. Two years of experience supervising staff and coaching, motivating, and developing skills of staff.
4. Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Strong computer skills and demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, Access (including the ability to develop queries), Excel (advanced), and Outlook.
6. Demonstrated proficiencies with preparing letters, e-mails, reports, proposals, and budgets.
7. Strong organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
8. Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
9. Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure as well as effectively manage multiple tasks and work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines in shared staff resource setting.
10. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel throughout NYS, to areas that may not be served by public transportation, to plan and monitor trainings, participate in meetings, and present at conferences.
11. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
1. Familiarity or experience working with the Educational Incentive Program.
2. Master’s degree in business administration, finance, management or a related field from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Mid $60s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for a second interview will be asked to complete a written assignment.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=138375
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.