Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job ID: R23-22
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Curriculum Design/Development and Training Specialist (Senior Education Specialist) position within PDP’s Department of Temporary Assistance Training in Harlem, New York City. This position features an added, one-time $1,500 sign-on bonus payable after successful completion of a six-month orientation period.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, position provides leadership to professional education and training programs and project teams; serves as senior project staff, writing coach, and primary curriculum designer/developer on adult education/training teams that support current NYS policy initiatives; as well as serves as an instructional design and curriculum development specialist, trainer, and liaison to project sponsors.
Duties include, but are not limited to: planning, researching, designing, developing, and implementing a variety of performance-based curricula and educational materials, including in-person classroom training, virtual classroom/online training, e-learning, and self-paced educational and performance support materials; reviewing and monitoring curricula and written products to assure quality and conformance with project objectives; delivering in-person classroom training throughout New York City and New York State, virtual classroom/online training using e-learning/webinar technology, and technical assistance programs; conducting training needs assessments; interpreting/using training evaluation data to revise/modify training curricula/materials; completing assignments independently and within team settings; providing coaching, mentoring, and leadership to project staff; maintaining complete records, preparing routine reports, and assisting preparation of materials for sponsors; and performing other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements. Full-time position. Ability to work variable days and work hours, travel regularly throughout New York City and New York State, and lift and carry up to 40 lbs. required.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, English, Communications, or related field, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in coordination, development, delivery, and evaluation of adult training programs.
2. Excellent writing, speaking, training delivery, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Thorough knowledge of adult learning principles, in-person and virtual classroom/online adult training methods, and instructional design and development methods.
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively write, critique, as well as instruct staff on developing instructional design and project work plans, training objectives, curricula, and educational materials (print and digital).
5. Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure and attend to details, as well as effectively work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines in shared staff resource setting.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently as well as within teams.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively lead project teams and encourage and promote teamwork and positive interactions.
8. Strong team and customer orientation and successful experience in coaching, motivating, and developing skills of staff.
9. Working knowledge of the NYS social service delivery system and public welfare programs, such as Temporary Assistance, SNAP, Employment & Advancement Services, HEAP, and Child Support Enforcement, or the administrative/fair hearings process, welfare fraud investigations, and audit/quality improvement initiatives.
10. Demonstrated proficiencies using Adobe Acrobat Professional, Microsoft products (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Edge, SharePoint, and Teams), and document and presentation templates.
11. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
12. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
13. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout New York City and New York State to deliver in-person training and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, English, Communications, or related field.
2. Successful experience in technical writing and instructional design.
3. Successful project management and leadership experience.
4. Proficiencies using FS Pro for Word, Webex, Zoom, and other e-learning/webinar technology.
5. Experience working within a state, county, or New York City social services agency or human services organization.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be $70,000 - $72,814.
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide two writing samples for which the applicant was the primary author, according to the following: a training curriculum designed and developed for adult learners (of non-specific length); and a professional report or memorandum (approximately 3 pages in length).
Those selected for a final interview will be expected to complete a training curriculum design assignment and present their assignment outcome to the search committee, as well as read a scenario and write a response while on-site. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=160962.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.