Upcoming CEANY Brown Bag Webinar (free to members!)
Don’t miss out on November’s lunch-time Brown Bag Webinar and share the value of your CEANY membership with your institution through a one-time, special Group Rate offer for this high-powered session!
(Select “Group Rate” option when registering.)
Do something important for YOU! Devote just 90 minutes of time to your own professional development.
Friday November 4, 2016 Noon to 1:30, EST*
How to Tell Anyone Anything: The Power of Strength-Based Communication
Do you feel stuck dealing with challenging co-workers, toxic bosses and demanding customers? Join us for an interactive webinar of how to handle your most difficult workplace conversations, using the secrets of strength-based communication – a powerful evidence-based approach to give you more power in dealing with people at your workplace. You will learn:
• Why typical “deficit-based” feedback doesn’t work.
• The C.A.N.D.I.D. approach – a six-step process to meet issues head-on without getting people defensive.
• The first 30 seconds: Creating a neutral opening that gets you in dialogue.
• Asking effective questions that engage the other person.
• Taking the emotion out of difficult messages.
• Finding the hidden incentive in any situation.
• You don’t say: Phrases that never work.
• Why a fully strength-based approach changes the outcome of any situation.
Rich Gallagher, LMFT is a former customer service executive and practicing psychotherapist who heads The Point of Contact Group in Ithaca, NY. His nine books include two national #1 customer service bestsellers, and he has trained over 30,000 people how to handle their most difficult conversations.
To register: Click Here
Invite your colleagues to this Brown Bag Lunch session to maximize your professional development experience and as always, feel free to participate with your mouth full (and your mute button on)!
Brought to you by the CEANY Professional Development Committee:
Co-Chairs: Drs. Jane MacKillop (LaGuardia Community College) and Karen Schuhle-Williams (The College at Brockport/SUNY)
Committee members: Ms. Linda Gramm Ferris (Orange County CC), Mr. Roosevelt Mareus (Rochester Educational Opportunity Center), Ms. Dana Lennon (Hostos CC), and Ms. Lisa Raposo (SUNY Center for Professional Development).
For more professional development opportunities, go to www.ceany.org and click on <Profess. Dev.>