Job Title: Principal Education Specialist/Child Welfare Training Manager
Job ID: R20-15
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a a Principal Education Specialist/Child Welfare Training Manager position in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the supervision of the Project Administrative Officer/Director, the Principal Education Specialist/Child Welfare Training Manager is responsible for planning, program development, staffing and management of assigned projects. Position provides project management on assigned projects. Responsible for staff supervision, quality assurance and sponsor relations. Assists in proposal and budget development. As a member of PDP’s management team, leads and contributes to organizational initiatives as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Oversee department activities including needs assessment, content development, training delivery, and program evaluation. Assure the timely delivery and quality of training and other products in conformance with project objectives. Provide day-to-day management of project staff, including supervision, evaluation and hiring. Monitor and control project expenditures in accordance with established budget. Liaise with program sponsor and PDP operational teams. Prepare required reports and other project and organizational documents.
1) Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in an appropriate field (social work, human services, public administration, management, adult continuing education, or related field).
2) A minimum of five years of experience in providing leadership and managing the development of professional education programs, large-scale project management involving program design, curriculum development and delivery of contracted training, or other related project management.
3) Three years of supervisory experience; experience in coaching, motivating, and developing staff.
4) Knowledge and experience in development or delivery of child welfare services or programs.
5) Knowledge and experience in classroom and technology-based instructional methodologies.
6) Ability to form and lead a team to achieve objectives to meet desired goals of diverse project action plans.
7) Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
8) Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and computer skills.
9) Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel throughout NYS, to areas that may not be served by public transportation, to plan and monitor trainings, participate in meetings, and present at conferences.
1) Thorough knowledge of public and private social service delivery system, specifically NYS child welfare system. Prior management experience in a quality and continuous improvement environment.
2) Current knowledge of evidence-based practice, principles, theories, and innovative directions in child welfare.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be $80,000 - $88,000 (amount is commensurate with experience).
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=124728
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.