Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job ID: R21-12
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks service-minded individuals who are committed to performing high-quality work to fill two Senior Education Specialist positions in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of continuing professional education programming for caseworkers and supervisors of local departments of social service and voluntary agencies. As assigned by project management, this position will work in collaboration with the sponsor’s Instructional Design and Development unit to develop or revise curricula upon request of sponsor and serves as master trainer and liaison to training audience.
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Planning, researching, designing, developing, and implementing a variety of performance-based curricula and educational materials, including classroom training, e-learning, and self-paced educational and performance support materials.
· Reviewing and monitoring curricula and written products to assure quality and conformance with project objectives.
· Delivering classroom training throughout NYS, virtual classroom training using e-learning technology, and technical assistance programs.
· Conducting training needs assessments.
· Interpreting/using training evaluation data to revise/modify training curricula/materials.
· Completing assignments independently and within team settings.
· Providing coaching and mentoring to project staff.
· Maintaining complete records, preparing routine reports, and assisting preparation of materials for sponsors.
· Performing other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, Social work, Sociology, Psychology, English, Communications, or related field, and a minimum of 4 years of experience in coordination, development, delivery, and evaluation of adult training programs in traditional and non-traditional settings.
2. A minimum of two years’ experience in social services; child welfare programing in State, County or Voluntary Agency.
3. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives.
4. Excellent writing, speaking, training delivery, and interpersonal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively write and critique training objectives, curricula, and educational materials (print and electronic).
6. Thorough knowledge of traditional and non-traditional adult training methods and commitment to developing/delivering performance-based training that incorporates adult learning principles.
7. Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently as well as within teams.
8. Strong team and customer orientation and successful experience in coaching, motivating, and developing skills of staff.
9. Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer or Edge, and document and presentation templates.
10. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
11. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
12. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, English, Communications, or related field.
2. Successful experience training on topics of race equity and cultural competence.
3. Successful experience in technical writing and instructional design.
4. Successful project management experience.
5. Proficiencies using Microsoft SharePoint and e-learning technology (e.g., WebExZoom).
6. Experience working within a New York state or county social services agency or human services organization.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the High $50s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=130865.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edufor more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.