Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: R23-24
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Administrative Assistant II position within PDP’s Child Support Training and Outreach Project in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
This position provides fiscal, administrative and program support for projects administered by PDP, specifically for the Child Support Training and Outreach Project (CSTOP), a team of seven professionals conducting activities that support the training needs of approximately 1,500 child support workers in county DSS offices throughout NYS. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
⦁ Prepare/monitor timelines and coordinate with training staff to obtain information for scheduling onsite and online courses and for preparing or obtaining training materials.
⦁ Update training management database including entering/updating course information, posting, canceling, or closing out scheduled courses, preparing announcements, and running reports.
⦁ Secure/schedule use of Webex licenses for online training delivery; arrange for training space and negotiate with caterers and venues for onsite events throughout NYS; coordinate rooming list with hotel venues for overnight participants; assist trainers with travel arrangements/ensure compliance with travel policies.
⦁ Provide customer service such as fielding emails on course schedule, registration process, last minute registrations/cancellations, and travel arrangements and logistics for onsite events from all constituent groups.
⦁ Monitor registrations and cancellations and keep training team informed of status; distribute updated training calendar weekly to stakeholders.
⦁ Monitor project staff schedule based on shared calendar and email for availability/attendance, and send email as needed to announce project staff absence to all stakeholders; assist with resolving unexpected issues with either onsite or online training delivery such as staff delays, last minute cancellations or technical glitches that interfere with courses starting timely.
⦁ Prepare logistical/classroom materials for trainers to bring to onsite training such as rosters, name tents, rooming lists, evaluation materials, handouts, travel packets used by participants for requesting travel reimbursements; assemble trainer crates with materials needed for onsite classes and coordinate pick-up and return with trainer for each offering; work with trainers to complete post-training/event tasks.
⦁ Work with trainers to format and finalize participant manuals within template and prepare for duplication either in-house or outsourced; prepare specifications for work orders and arrange for timely duplication.
⦁ Prepare, review for accuracy/compliance with policies, and submit purchase requisitions, travel vouchers, and invoices for payment; monitor payments and maintain fiscal files.
⦁ Assist with program support activities such as monitor training supplies and equipment inventory, curriculum library, and trainer resources; organize/help maintain project documents such as curricula, course handouts and reports on shared document site; help prepare/edit/proof-read training materials such as curricula and course handouts, presentation materials, training aids, and activities; ensure conformance with standards; assist with beta testing of training products.
⦁ Assist with compiling quarterly report to sponsor including maintain/update folder/file system used by all project staff in SharePoint; keep record of customer service and update training delivery table with current training data each quarter; prepare narrative component that reflects project support activity.
1. High school diploma and four years of progressively responsible office experience, or an associate degree or higher from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2. General administrative/program/fiscal support experience.
3. Experience using tools such as MS Word and MS Excel for routine work productivity completing tasks such as creating new documents or revising and further preparing those created by others.
4. Experience using tools such as MS Outlook for routine communication completing tasks such as fielding customer service type inquiries and taking appropriate action, receiving and responding to email, composing and sending email, maintaining and keeping track of email communications.
5. Experience working within a database system/application completing tasks such as entering data, extracting data and running reports.
6. Experience using MS SharePoint or working within a network environment that allows for document sharing.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Highly organized; ability to manage, prioritize and complete numerous tasks, that could require obtaining information from other individuals, within established deadlines, and provide attention to detail.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently, self-motivated/self-directed, and strong work ethic.
10. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs, and the ability to travel between project work-site in downtown Albany and PDP work-site at 4 Tower Place as needed. Possible occasional other travel to training site within NYS, including locations not served by public transportation.
11. Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
1. Experience creating forms and templates and formatting documents of a complex nature using such tools as Adobe or MS Word.
2. Experience with PowerPoint.
3. Experience working in an adult education or training setting.
4. Experience with technology-based/remote training delivery systems such as Zoom or Webex.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to $35,000-$39,747.
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter explaining how the qualifications of this position are met.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=161296.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.