Job Title: Continuing Education Director
Job ID: 26228
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full time
Lehman College, of The City University of New York, ranks among the top five institutions in the nation for fostering social mobility. A four-year Hispanic-Serving Institution in the Bronx, Lehman offers bachelor’s, master’s, and advanced degrees and certificate programs in the Liberal Arts, sciences, and professions. The College’s community-driven mission and notable academic programs attract a diverse, international enrollment of over 15,000 students who take courses on its 37-acre, tree-lined campus and online degree programs. Many thousands more community members benefit yearly from its active cultural, educational, health, and economic outreach programs and services.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Dean of School and Professional Studites, the Continuing Education Director will be responsible for the following:
• Strategic leadership Continuing Education Program team of staff, coordinators, and instructorsCUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
• Designs, develops, and implements new non-degree and certificate program programs aligned with the college’s mission.
• Management of program operations and student services ranging from registration to outcome reporting.
• Responsible for monitoring and maintaining instructional quality through classroom observations, faculty assessment and program assessment (student outcomes, student evaluations, enrollment, overall course success)
• Growing enrollment through the development and execution of a CE marketing plan, which includes market research, digital marketing, print brochure, and partnership activities.
• Supervision and professional development of a team of managers and front-line staff.
• Monitoring CE profitability
• Ensuring compliance of fiscal processes such as tuition payments, material costs, and faculty payroll
• Acts as a liaison between the Continuing Education Program and other internal and external units on cooperative and co-sponsored programs.
• Oversee student support including student communication and conflict resolution
Oversees a broad range of fiscal and program responsibilities for Continuing Education and related external programs
- Provides leadership for the development and implementation of new programs of study and ensures the coordination and implementation of program components.
- Plans, markets and implements College programs in Continuing Education, developing overall programs and overseeing development of content, budgets, and marketing strategies.
- Develops funding proposals; solicits grant information and provides leadership and guidance in partnering with community and governmental agencies.
- Provide fiscal oversight and evaluation; develops strategic and operating plans; reports progress and results to management.
- Oversees a comprehensive marketing and public information program.
- Manages staff of the Continuing Education office.
- Represents Continuing Education within the College community and externally.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience.
- Candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as being at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with education and experience, $83,878 -$141,858.
HOW TO APPLY:
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information).
CLOSING DATE: February 8th EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.