Job Title: Dean for Continuing Education & Workforce Innovation
Job Number: 202200002
Location: SUNY Adirondack
Full/Part Time: Full time
SUNY Adirondack is a teaching- and learning-centered community college, which fosters a diverse and equitable learning environment for students of all ages, backgrounds, goals, and learning styles. A member of the State University of New York, located in the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains, one hour north of Albany and thirty minutes from Saratoga Springs.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Oversee non-credit academic programming, the digital learning environment, and Events Services programming in the offices of continuing education, the Teaching & Learning Collaborative (TLC), Events Services and The Farm. Oversee other special initiatives as needed by the college.
Represent the college and engage with business and community leaders to promote workforce development opportunities. Act as head of Continuing Education & Workforce Innovation Division; overseeing staff, programming, initiatives, policy, procedure, budgeting, and marketing. Oversee TLC, Events Services and College Farm, programming, budgets, and marketing. Generate reports for SUNY and internal channels on activities of all areas of responsibility. Lead special workforce training project initiatives.
- Consult with SUNY Adirondack staff about professional development initiatives, projects and programs involving adult learners and opportunities for collaboration between credit and non-credit.
- Develop/revise policy & procedures and maintain documentation.
- Oversee TLC programming and digital learning environment management
- Oversee all marketing related to continuing education, including web content.
- Oversee course selection, pricing, and consult on faculty hiring.
- Manage all programs and projects through consulting with team on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead coordinator on special training projects.
- Oversee Farm program in collaboration with faculty.
- Assist with various college initiatives as needed; including language and ideas for grant funding.
- Work with marketing and various divisions to develop and/or promote non-credit pipeline learning activities.
- Oversee development of the SUNY NCIA and the NC-SARA report annually.
- Develop annual and per semester reports on activities, profits, and engagement for Continuing Education and Events Services
- Develop budgets for Continuing Education, Events Services, the TLC and the College Farm and assess financial needs
- Assess the success of the programs and courses by tracking registration and profit
- Attend events/meetings to discuss workforce readiness and develop relationships.
Successful candidate shall have strong experience in continuing education/non-credit training. Higher education experience is preferred. Successful candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills, as well as proficiency with all standard MS Office products.
A Master’s degree and minimum of 5 – 7 years of managerial experience, with supervisory responsibilities is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the $74,035.00 – 81,000.00 range annually
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, a letter of interest, names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three professional references.
To apply go to: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/sunyacc/jobs/3792454/dean-for-continuing-education-and-workforce-innovation/apply?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
CLOSING DATE: Full consideration will be given if received by November 19, 2022.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. SUNY Adirondack is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.