Job Title: Senior Program Evaluator
Job ID: R22-59
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Program Evaluator position within the Professional Development Program in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, The Senior Program Evaluator position provides leadership in all aspects of program evaluation for the Professional Development Program. The position is responsible for managing multiple evaluation projects with each using one or more levels of the Kirkpatrick four level model for evaluating educational and training activities related to current New York State (NYS) social services initiatives and other workforce development initiatives.
Position is responsible for the management of multiple evaluation projects, including the design, development, pretest, review, and administration of survey and data collection instruments used to evaluate education and training programs related to current NYS social services in areas including but not limited to temporary assistance, child welfare, early childhood education, child care assistance, child support enforcement, systems training, and performance/outcome-based initiatives, as well as other workforce development initiatives. Duties also include but are not limited to: Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis, literature reviews, needs assessment development and implementation; prepare reports and presentations; provide staff supervision, including coaching, mentoring, and performance monitoring; and facilitate meetings and focus groups.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization in social sciences or related field with strong research methods and statistics background.
2. Three to five years’ experience in evaluation and research of social sciences training programs, including strong competence in survey design and implementation.
3. Experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis with SPSS, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and other report writing programs.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
5. One to two years of supervisory experience.
6. Experience using Microsoft Office products.
7. Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
8. Experience facilitating meetings and focus groups.
1. Ph.D. from a university accredited by a USDOE or internationally recognized accrediting organization in social sciences or related field with strong research methods and statistics background.
2. Experience with advanced qualitative data analysis software such as NVivo.
3. Knowledge of NYS social services system.
4. Record of scholarly publications.
COMPENSATION: Annual salary is expected to be in the low $80s.
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for a final interview will be expected to complete an evaluation assignment beforehand and present their assignment outcomes to the search committee, as well as read a scenario and write a response while on-site.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=153347
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.