Job Title: Workforce Coordinator
Job ID: LE-2104-003961
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The fast-growing Workforce Department, within the School of Continuing and Professional Studies at Lehman College, is seeking a program coordinator to support our rapid expansion. The Workforce team is dedicated to changing workers’ lives by providing the customized credit and non-credit training they need to advance their careers in Healthcare and other sectors. Contracting with labor unions, employers, hospitals, and community-based organizations requires the department to provide superior customer service and deliver excellent training and student outcomes. You will be joining a nimble team that serves over 300 students annually in over 20 custom programs.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, the program coordinator is responsible for the administrative systems and processes that support daily program operations supervising program assistant and front-line staff. The program coordinator also works closely with part-time faculty, as well as the Director.
You must have a passion for student success, the ability to provide operational excellence in a fast-paced environment and a desire for continuous improvement.
· Ensure that reporting of essential program outcomes is accurate, timely and actionable (attendance, grades, certifications, etc.)
· Spearhead technology adoption and training among staff, faculty, and students with high quality results.
· Create administrative systems to meet programs growing needs, including implementing innovative technologies such as a new student registration system.
· Act as a liaison between Workforce Program, Continuing Education Program, and CUNY on the Concourse (offsite location) to coordinate program schedules, rooming, inventory, and purchase requests.
· Support program quality by proactively troubleshooting student and faculty concerns.
· Oversee operational effectiveness to ensure seamless student experience, such as student/faculty onboarding, orientation, and technical training.
· Supervise frontline staff and program assistant to deliver superior customer service.
· Sharing critical information with clients, staff and students.
· Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least three (3) years of full-time work experience directly related to program administration, preferably in higher education administration or professional learning and development environment.
- Proven administrative abilities that include:
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment; that involves rapidly adapting to changing situations and priorities
- Delivering superior customer service and professional communication
- Advance skills in MS Office 365 including Teams & Excel, Zoom and Dropbox required. Digital curiosity preferred.
- Must have a passion for helping adults advance their career, experience in continuing education program preferred.
- Willingness to take advantage of professional development and growth opportunities
- Schedule flexibility: supervise staff at CUNY on the Concourse in-person 2-3 days a week and work remotely the remainder of the schedule. Occasionally support evening and weekend program starts.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the $45,000.00-55,000.00 range.BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LE-2104-003961
CLOSING DATE: June 7, 20201 or until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.