Job Title: Lab Technology Coordinator (LTC) ATTAIN
Location: Positions in Staten Island, Far Rockaway, Corona, Brooklyn & Manhattan
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is seeking several LTCs (Lab Technology Coordinators) for its ATTAIN (Advanced Technology Training And Information Networking) program, a system of technology labs utilized to promote digital parity in New York State.
These positions are offered through the SUNY System Administration Sponsored Programs Office, an operating location of The Research Foundation of State University of New York, a private, nonprofit educational corporation supporting research, education and public service at the State University of New York. ATTAIN is a Statewide technology initiative funded by New York State and administered by the University Center for Academic and Workforce Development (UCAWD) to provide urban and rural communities access to state-of-the-art technology. Through innovative technologies, ATTAIN provides underserved and underprepared community residents the opportunity to access academic, vocational, life skills and workplace readiness training, in coordination with local community based host institutions. Each ATTAIN lab is a certified Microsoft IT Academy.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The LTC provides on-site facilitation of learning and technical support for their assigned ATTAIN lab. In coordination with the local community based host institution and UCAWD ATTAIN Statewide Coordinator, the LTC works to achieve the outcomes specified in their Implementation Plan.
Working in collaboration with their colleagues, the LTC is expected toMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
· Master, facilitate and market the learning of technology-training resources
· Create schedules, draft outreach plans and complete reports to support outcomes
· Identify ways to partner with agencies, streamline intake processes and onboard participants
· Maintain ATTAIN enrollment and reporting databases
· Some evening and weekend hours
· Travel locally
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Associates Degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience or
· Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience
· One year experience working with adult population (training, advising and/or mentoring)
· Experience with computer software applications in reading, writing and math
· Experience working with underserved/underprepared populations
· Must be able to work independently
· Two or more years’ experience working with adult population (training, advising and/or mentoring)
· Experience in community outreach
· Microsoft certifications
· Experience in curriculum development
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 applications
· Ability to promote professional and ethical behavior
· Bilingual a plus
· Communication, written, organizational and presentation skills required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the High $30s to Low 40s
· May require long periods of moving about computer lab and/or in a stationary position
· May be required on occasion to connect or remove cables under a desk
· Must be able to move monitors, printers, CPUs or other light equipment and supplies on occasion
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above positions should submit a resume with cover letter.
To apply go to https://www.rfsuny.org/about-us/careers/rf-central-office-job-openings/
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.