Job Title: Project Staff Assistant
Job ID: R20-23
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Project Staff Assistant position in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Provide project and logistical support to project team staff, often of a complex nature by planning, organizing, and coordinating activities. Have an understanding of policy and procedures to determine appropriate action for reporting situations to appropriate supervisor for decisions. Possess analytical and problem solving skills, independent judgement, collaboration and initiative to accomplish goals. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Provide primary support for the Virtual Class and On-Demand Training Programs including but not limited to: review of On-Demand Trainer applications, manage the Virtual Class and On-Demand mailbox, communicate with trainers and childcare providers via phone and email;
· Provide primary support for MAT and H&S Training programs including but not limited to: TOT application review, MAT license expiration report, renewal letters and certificates, supply inventory maintenance, participant materials assembly and communication with trainers and child care providers via phone and email;
· Provide customer support to child care providers regarding ECETP programs and services via phone, email, and mail;
· Create courses, and distribute announcements via email in the HSLC database and ECETP Training Portal. Assist with the data entry of rosters and evaluation materials;
· Develop vendor and consultant agreements, review payments for accuracy and compliance with finance/purchasing procedures;
· Provide technical support during Virtual Class training/field/studio productions;
· Collect, record, and prepare data for sponsor required reports;
· Other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
1) Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Business, Public Administration, Education or related field.
2) A minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
3) Excellent communication (interpersonal, written, and verbal), customer service, and telephone skills.
4) Exceptional organizational skills including the ability to complete tasks with a strong attention to detail.
5) Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
6) Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Access).
7) Ability to maintain confidentiality.
8) Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
1) Fluency in Spanish
2) Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Mid $40s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=127116
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.