Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job ID: R20-21
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, positionworks with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming for caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies to support effective casework practices. Duties include, but are not limited to: Deliver training on project topics including FASP, Progress Notes, and Special Topics to caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies, conduct needs assessments and provide pre- and post-training follow-up as needed, assist with the development and revision of training curricula and materials as needed, and prepare and complete reports as requested.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Human Services or a related field;
2. Three years’ experience in development and delivery of child welfare services and programs in NYS;
3. Experience in the delivery of instructional programs for adults and providing consultation;
4. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives;
5. Knowledge of adult education theory;
6. Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills;
7. Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with culturally diverse groups of people;
8. Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting;
9. Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products;
10. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Human Services, or a related field, and a minimum of two years’ experience in child welfare services;
2. Experience providing supervision in child welfare services;
3. Experience in curriculum development;
4. Familiarity with CONNECTIONS.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the High $50s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on an issue in the child welfare arena.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126855
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edufor more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.