Job Title: Education Specialist
Job ID: R20-16
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Education Specialist position within PDP’s Department of Temporary Assistance Training in Albany, NY Department of Child Welfare Training in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the program manager or designee, provide instructor-led classroom-based delivery of continuing professional education programming for state staff, caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies to support effective casework practices. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering training on project topics including, but not limited to, FASP, Progress Notes, and other documentation-related Special Topics to state staff, caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies.
- Assisting in review and development of curriculum materials to assure quality and conformance with project objectives.
- Conducting training needs assessments and interpreting/using training evaluation data to inform training delivery plans.
- Maintaining complete records of training programs, content, activities, and evaluations in accordance with procedures, as well as preparing routine reports.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting institution.
2. Minimum of one year in workforce training and training-related experience.
3. Minimum of two years’ experience in a local social services district or agency providing child welfare services.
4. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups, handle multiple priorities, and work under pressure.
6. Applicants must address in their application their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
7. Ability to learn new processes and become familiar with training content in a timely fashion.
8. Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products.
10. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Human Services or a related field.
2. Additional experience working in the child welfare field and/or providing supervision in child welfare services.
3. Experience in curriculum development.
4. Familiarity with CONNECTIONS.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $50s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=125089
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.