Job Title: Programmer/Analyst
Job ID: R20-03
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Programmer/Analyst position within PDP’s Department of Information Systems and Programming in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, The Programmer/Analyst has primary responsibility for assisting with database design, development, and programming needs for the Professional Development Program. Duties include, but are not limited to: Responsible for maintaining several existing Microsoft Access database programs, creates new databases, codes application components, develops queries and reports in Microsoft Access, designs and creates data driven web page interfaces with production databases, assists in the development of CONNECTIONS projects, ensures appropriate security for all project databases, conducts research and develops information for software updates and new applications, and prepares reports and documentation.
1) Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in computer science or other related field.
2) One or more years of experience programming and developing web applications and relational databases using a variety of languages and technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, HTML, CSS, Java Script, Visual Basic, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft Access.
3) Knowledge of and understanding of Object-Oriented Programming principles.
4) Knowledge of and understanding of Agile and Scrum methodology.
5) Knowledge of TSQL and Microsoft SQL server.
6) Experience working in a team environment.
7) Strong attention to detail.
8) Ability to perform multiple tasks and manage projects to a successful completion.
9) Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills.
10) Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
11) Strong knowledge of Microsoft products such as Microsoft Office and experience providing systems support to end users.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $60s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=119851
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.