Job Title: Senior Trainer
Job ID: R19-71
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Trainer position within PDP’s Child Welfare Department in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the program manager or designee, provide instructor-led classroom-based delivery of continuing professional education programming for state staff, caseworkers and supervisors local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies to support effective casework practices. He or she will be expected to collaborate with a training and curriculum development team, serving as master trainer. Duties include, but are not limited to providing instructor-led classroom-based training throughout New York State; planning, researching, designing, developing, and implementing a variety of performance-based curricula and educational materials, including classroom training, e-learning, and self-paced educational and performance support materials; reviewing and monitoring curricula and written products to assure quality and conformance with project objectives; maintaining complete records, preparing routine reports, and assisting preparation of materials for sponsors; and performing other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements. Full-time position. Ability to work variable days and work hours, travel throughout NYS, and lift and carry up to 40 lbs. required.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting institution.
2. A minimum of three years’ experience in workforce training and training-related experience.
3. Minimum of one year delivering training for human services professionals or child welfare staff.
4. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives.
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups, handle multiple priorities, and work under pressure.
6. Applicants must address in their application their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
7. Ability to learn new processes and become familiar with training content in a timely fashion.
8. Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
9. Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with culturally diverse groups of people.
10. Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products.
11. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and the ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Human Services, or a related field, and a minimum of two years’ experience in child welfare services.
2. Experience working in the child welfare field and/or providing supervision in child welfare services.
3. Experience in curriculum development.
4. Familiarity with CONNECTIONS.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Mid $50s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Applicants selected for a second interview will be expected to complete a brief training presentation.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetacozzeils.jsp?JOBID=119350
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.