Job Title: Director of Technology Training Initiatives
Job ID: PVN ID: LA-1910-003320
Location: LaGuardia Community College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
LaGuardia Community College’s Division of Adult and Continuing Education, Workforce Development Department, is seeking a full-time Director of Technology Training Initiatives to oversee technology training programs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Workforce Development, the Director of Technology Training Initiatives will lead our work on a 3.9 million dollar grant from the US Department of Labor over 4.5 years to deliver the TechHire Open Code program, including training tracks for young adults in web development and networking and for incumbent workers in data analytics, as well as develop plans to sustain training in these areas past the life of the grant.
- Oversee the delivery of workforce training and associated services in web development and networking for young adults, and data analytics for incumbent workers for the TechHire Open Code program.
- Develop, implement, assess, and adjust strategies with the team to ensure that program outcomes around enrollment, completion, employment, advancement, and student and employer satisfaction are met.
- Build relationships with key employers in the technology sector in order to understand trends in labor market demand, to adjust program design and curricula based on employer feedback, to recruit employer partners for incumbent worker training, and to connect students and alumni with career exposure, internships, and employment.
- Supervise and support a staff of five individuals, including a project associate, instructional aide, two educational case managers, and instructors.
- Maintain positive and effective collaborative relationships with key partners for program delivery including external partners such as Uncubed, Software Guild, General Assembly, and Udacity as well as internal partners such as the Career and Professional Programs department, the Labor Market Intelligence Economic Development Center, and NYDesigns.
- Manage budgeting, reporting, and compliance for the US Department of Labor TechHire grant, including collaboration with a Randomized Control Trial study contracted by the USDOL.
- Develop plans to sustain web development and data analytics training past the end of the TechHire grant period, which runs July 2016 through December 2020, including writing grants for additional funding opportunities, and launching related tuition-based courses.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience managing workforce development and training programs
- Stellar project and partnership management skills with a proven track record of managing large, multi-stakeholder projects
- Familiarity with the field of technology, including web development, networking, and/or data analytics
- Ability to move quickly to execute projects and obtain results
- Ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with a diverse set of stakeholders and organizations
- Experience supervising a team and supporting staff development
- Student centered, collaborative, and data driven approach to workforce development
- Understanding of best practices for adult learning
- Grants management and grant-writing experience
- Relationships with employers in the technology sector
- Track record of building innovative partnerships and sustaining programming over time across multiple funding sources
- Experience in a community college or public higher education setting
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Please see www.rfcuny.org for detailed benefit information.
HOW TO APPLY :
To apply please submit resume and cover letter online through the Research Foundation of CUNY website.
CLOSING DATE :
Open until filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Research
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.