Job Title: Coordinator for Professional, Adult, and Continuing Knowledge
Job ID: 159718
Location: University at Albany
Full/Part Time: Full time
The University at Albany, State University of New York (UAlbany), Office of Professional, Adult, and Continuing Knowledge (PACK) seeks a personable, equity-minded, learner-centered professional for the position of Coordinator. The desired candidate will recruit and register professional, adult, and continuing education learners and support the academic and student affairs processes in the UAlbany PACK office.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Represent UAlbany PACK professionally and ethically at events, conferences, and meetings that support the recruitment, retention, and graduation of professional, adult, and continuing education learners.
- Conduct individual information meetings with prospective learners.
- Communicate university policies, regulations, procedures, and operations.
- Coordinate initial application review and yield activities for professional, adult, and continuing education learners.
- Recommend solutions and/or procedures to resolve adult learner and operational problems.
- Respond to inquiries from and communicate to students, faculty, alumni, and other stakeholders with a professional demeanor and in a timely manner.
- Assist in developing partnerships with corporate employers, government agencies, and nonprofits.
- Process registration authorizations, enrollment clean-up, and grade change authorizations.
- Coordinate preclearance review, credential clearance, and communications regarding credential clearance (conferrals, denials, departmental contacts).
- Assist with the execution of the Office's web, print, and social media communications.
- Assist with the scheduling and production of engaging, relevant, professional content for the Office's social media sites for targeted audiences.
- Maintain liaison and schedule courses with selected departments.
Special note: Chosen candidate may be required to attend University evening and weekend events on occasion.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Two or more years of experience at a college, university, or in adult education
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, presentation, oral, and written communication skills
- Ability to relate effectively to people from diverse backgrounds, including an understanding and respect for group/social differences (e.g., race/ethnicity, class, gender, sexual orientation, country of origin, and ability as well as cultural, political, religious, or other affiliations) and individual differences (e.g., personality, prior knowledge, and life experiences)
- Data-driven and familiar with reporting and analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and proven ability to learn and use new technology, including university systems, such as Slate Technolutions, PeopleSoft, and Business Intelligence
- Master's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized accrediting organization
- Experience using data to drive continuous improvement
- Experience serving adult learners
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
Note: After submitting your resume, the subsequent pages give you instructions for uploading additional documents (i.e. cover letter etc.).
To apply go to http://albany.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=159718
CLOSING DATE: May 17, 2023
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
The University at Albany is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer