Job Title: Senior Programmer/Analyst/Web Developer
Job ID: R22-74
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Web Developer position within PDP’s Instructional Technologies Unit in Albany, NY. The position is currently funded for one year.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Web Developer position requires a working knowledge of best practices in web development, including web accessibility and usability. Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, this position will: Maintain and enhance existing web pages and web applications to support public information initiatives, education, and training; design, develop, test, and implement new sites and pages to meet sponsor and organizational needs; assure quality, accessibility, and usability of organization’s web sites and web applications; provide data and reports on web site traffic and usage; work with managers, staff, and program sponsors to conceptualize new projects and recommend technical approaches to meet project deliverables; and act as liaison to agency personnel and provide user support.
1. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in computer science or related field from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
3. Experience in coding for compliance with accessibility standards for the web (Section 508 and W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
4. Experience with responsive web design techniques.
5. Experience developing web sites using PHP, or equivalent.
6. Experience working with ASP and other legacy systems.
7. Ability to work under pressure and to meet posted deadlines.
8. Ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
9. Ability to handle and track multiple projects simultaneously.
10. Excellent communication skills.
1. Experience using Microsoft SQL databases.
2. Experience in optimizing and incorporating audio and video for the web.
3. Experience in maintaining large-scale web sites.
4. Experience working with government or not-for-profit organizations.
5. Experience in using social media to promote organizational activities.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in low $70s (Annual Salary)
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for a second interview will be expected to complete an assignment beforehand and present their assignment outcomes to the search committee
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=156787
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.