Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Job ID: R22-71
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Administrative Assistant II positions within PDP’s Department of Finance and Project Support in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Provides direct support to the PDP Executive Director and Directors, and project-related support to all PDP units. Duties include but are not limited to: performing administrative/clerical functions to support all PDP education and training projects and contracts, and providing exceptional customer service to staff, project sponsors, trainees, and vendors. Coordinate meetings for Executive Director and Directors; set-up and provide support for training and other organizational events; assist with coordination of project team staff activities and meetings; make conference and travel arrangements; research and prepare correspondence, reports, and project materials of a confidential nature; compile, submit, and track quarterly reports, communicate with sponsors, internal project departments, Research Foundation and University offices, vendors, and the public; assist in employee onboarding and provisioning new hire services; other duties as assigned to meet project objectives.
1. High school diploma and four years of progressively responsible office experience or an Associate Degree or higher from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2. General administrative support experience.
3. Demonstrated proficiency with computer software, specifically Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and SharePoint) including the ability to format documents of a complex nature.
4. Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
6. Ability to manage, prioritize and complete numerous tasks within established deadlines, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
7. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be $36,748 - $39,748 annually.
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=156510
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.