Job Title: Healthcare Program Coordinator
Job ID: LE-2210-005148
Category: Managerial and Professional
Location: Lehman College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The fast-growing School of Continuing and Professional Studies (SCPS) at Lehman College is seeking an experienced Healthcare Program Coordinator to join the team. SCPS is dedicated to preparing residents of the Bronx Community to enter or advance in the healthcare workforce through credit and non-credit training programs that range from Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) to NCLEX preparation
The successful candidate will be a dynamic healthcare program coordinator with a passion for training the next generation of healthcare workers and possess superior administrative skills. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Workforce, the healthcare program coordinator is responsible for managing and monitoring program quality, which includes instructors, and program curriculum. Supervises program assistants, program faculty, tutors, and front-line staff.
- Ensure that reporting of essential program outcomes is accurate, timely and actionable (attendance, grades, certifications, etc.). Proactively communicate concerns with clients, staff and students and follow through to resolution.
- Supervising program assistant and front-line staff to ensure superior customers experience for students and faculty.
- Manage all aspects of healthcare program scheduling, which includes rooming, coordination with clinical sites, coordination of supplies, and testing.
- Responsible for maintaining healthcare programs’ course content/curriculum repository and coordinating instructional updates when needed.
- Create administrative systems to meet programs' growing needs, such as implementing a new student registration system.
- Act as a liaison between Workforce Program, Continuing Education Program, and CUNY on the Concourse (offsite location) to coordinate program schedules, rooming, inventory, and purchase requests.
- Spearhead instructional and administrative technology adoption and training among staff, faculty, and students with high quality results.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other program coordinators.
- Collaborate with Program’s RN on accreditation, medical clearances, testing applications and clinical sites.
- Responsible for student/faculty interviewing, onboarding, orientation, and training.
- Attends program update meetings with faculty and clients
- Other duties as assigned by Assistant Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two (2) years of full-time work experience in a related field, one (1) year of which involved the supervision of others.
- Advance computer skills in MS Office 365 including MS Teams & Excel. Zoom and Dropbox required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Proven administrative abilities that include:
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on a team, as well as independently in a fast-paced, demanding, and complex work environment with minimal supervision.
- Critical thinking that involves rapidly adapting to changing situations and priorities
- Delivering superior customer service and professional communication
- Willingness to take advantage of professional development and growth opportunities
- Experience in higher education administration or professional learning and development environment.
- Previous experience, training, or knowledge about workforce development and project management.
COMPENSATION: Annual Salary Range: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00Hybrid Schedule: supervise staff at CUNY on the Concourse, 2501 Grand Concourse in-person, 3 days a week and work remotely the remainder of the schedule. Support evening and weekend programs start (as needed).
To apply go to https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LE-2210-005148
CLOSING DATE: December 12, 2022 or until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.