Job Title: Case Manger
Job ID: HO-2208-005034
Location: Hostos Community College
Full/Part Time: Full time
We invite you to join our team of professionals who enjoy and are dedicated to student academic excellence.
The Division of Continuing Education & Workforce Development (CEWD) at Hostos Community College offers educational, career, and personal development opportunities designed to address the needs of the Bronx and neighboring communities such as Upper Manhattan. We offer non-credit courses and certificate programs. We are currently on a hybrid work schedule (remote and onsite), subject to change.
Under the supervision of the Social Worker, the Case Manager will carry out a broad range of responsibilities related to institutionalizing Hostos’ role as a premiere community resource for educating and developing a workforce that is responsive to the changing demands of the job market and the prevailing economic outlook.
The Case Manager will support the CEWD Case Management Team in providing social/support services to continuing education students, creating referrals when necessary, and meeting with students individually. The Case Manager will also collect and analyze data and draft reports and maintain confidential records. In addition, the Case Manager will conduct external presentations, and coordinate with community programs and other organizations.
The Case Manager will be working closely with the social worker, coordinators, and students to help identify services and develop transition plans for each student, monitor their progress and help support their successful transition to college, work and/or training programs. The Case Manager will also interface with instructors and administrative staff to ensure positive, collaborative relationships with students.
• Support social worker in conducting comprehensive intake and assessments to identify potential challenges that might interfere with the student’s ability to complete the program
• Maintain frequent contact with students to monitor their progress and to ensure they successfully complete the program and obtain employment
• Maintain accurate data and notes for each student and recommend appropriate referrals when needed
• Conduct regular outreach to instructors and other staff both in and outside of Hostos to support student success and program completion
• Provide short-term supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and safety planning
• Participate in weekly supervision with the Social Work Supervisor to discuss caseload and to ensure continued quality assurance
• Actively participate in staff meetings and ongoing trainings; identify new opportunities for staff development
• Co-facilitate workshops on various topics, including emotional, social, and academic issues Core
• use discretion, and sound judgment with handling confidential materials and information especially student records
• work under deadlines, with changing priorities
• respond calmly to emergencies and resolve student concerns
• establish community networks and work effectively with community groups
• seek assistance when needed
• write clearly and produce/edit accurate, well-organized, and understandable reports
• communicate effectively, listen, and quickly respond to others
• work in a team, as well as independently
• Bachelor of Social Work (BSW - BASW) degree required from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education or a Bachelor's degree with at least three (3) years of case management experience. Required
• Experience working with diverse populations in low-income communities
• Demonstrated experience creating and sustaining relationships with partnering agencies
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Basic knowledge of community resources and government benefits
• Demonstrated experience creating and sustaining relationships with partnering agencies.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of MS Teams, Google Drive, and Zoom
• Must be willing to work one evening per week (11-7pm) and occasional weekends for special events. Required
COMPENSATION: $45,000 to $55,000, commensurate with educational qualifications and work experience. This is a grant-funded position and contingent upon availability of grant funds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should go to: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=HO-2208-005034
Applicants may also visit our website at https://www.rfcuny.org/careers for more information.
Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
CLOSING DATE: October 22, 2022 or until the position is filled.