Job Title: Instructional Design Supervisor
Job ID: R22-55
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Instructional Design Supervisor position located in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Department Manager, position provides leadership, direction, and supervision over the Curriculum Development team in PDP’s Department of Computer Training Services tasked with training materials development on CONNECTIONS, a proprietary child welfare case management system. Duties include but are not limited to: Overseeing systems training projects; supervising and evaluating project staff; providing guidance to a team of curriculum developers on the development of CONNECTIONS training deliverables; preparing quarterly reports; and working with NYS staff to implement project deliverables.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in in education, management, information science, or related field.
2. Three years of related experience developing training curricula/reference manuals/software documentation and/or providing statewide training for end users.
3. Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure and attend to details, as well as effectively work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines.
4. Experience in staff supervision.
5. Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated proficiency with English language grammar/usage.
6. Extensive knowledge of instructional design, computer networks, training and/or software, including Microsoft applications
7. Demonstrated ability to prepare curricula, reports, proposals, and project management, instructional design, and/or training implementation plans in conformance with project objectives.
8. Experience researching/using distance learning technologies or developing distance earning materials.
9. Experience translating complex business systems and concepts for diverse audiences and audiences that may include varying degrees of technical knowledge.
10. Expertise in proofreading, editing, and formatting training materials.
11. Strong attention to detail.
12. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
13. Variable work hours and travel throughout NYS (including areas that may not be served by public transportation) are required to gather information and attend programs and meetings.
14. Ability to lift and transport computer equipment (laptops, PCs, monitors, etc.) up to 40 pounds.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in education, management, information science, or related field.
2. Proficiency with authoring tools such as Lectora, Captivate, or Camtasia; and graphic development and editing tools such as Photoshop and SnagIt.
3. Experience working within a state or county social services agency or human services organization.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the mid $70s
The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, and a letter of application. Candidates chosen for a second interview will be expected to complete an assignment prepared beforehand and presented during the interview and a 30-minute writing exercise at the end of the interview
To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=152366.
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately or continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.