Job Title: Senior Education Specialist; e-Learning Course Developer
Job ID: R22-50
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College is seeking a motivated individual to write, design, develop, and maintain curriculum for e-learning products for a web-based training portal serving state and social services district staff.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
⦁ Work with sponsors, subject matter experts, and available resources to develop and update curriculum for web-based training projects on a variety of social services topics.
⦁ Develop, update, and maintain web-based trainings and training portal content.
⦁ Work with managers, developers, and program sponsors to conceptualize projects, and create design documents, storyboards, flowcharts, scripts, and prototypes to recommend and document instructional and technical approaches to meet project deliverables.
⦁ Conduct usability and accessibility tests and generate reports and related documentation.
⦁ Provide technical support to end users.
⦁ Assist in developing and applying standards across a range of projects through documentation and project evaluation sessions.
⦁ Research and recommend best practices and appropriate technologies to enhance web-based learning components and approaches.
1) Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2) Three years of experience in instructional curriculum design and technology.
3) Thorough knowledge of instructional design for web-based training.
4) Demonstrated proficiency in industry-standard authoring tools, including HTML.
5) Understanding and application of web standards, including accessibility guidelines.
6) Excellent writing, speaking, and communication skills.
7) Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
8) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
9) Ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet posted deadlines.
10) Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies.
1) Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2) Experience with Lectora or other industry-standard e-learning authoring tools.
3) Experience with learning management systems.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $60s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for a final interview will be expected to complete an assignment which can be emailed or posted to a web site.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=152041
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.