Job Title: Administrative Assistant I
Job ID: R21-55
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill an Administrative Assistant I position in Albany, NY. This position provides administrative support to project staff and clientele.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Provide phone support regarding projects and programs to clientele and the general public by assessing each incoming call to determine the relevant program and the appropriate action.
- Direct callers to appropriate venues as required.
- Assist with scanning and correction of project materials as needed.
- Assist in preparation of fiscal paperwork including copying, collating and distribution.
- Verify and enter data into databases.
- Organize mailings, maintain files and records, utilize various computer-based applications including word-processing, spreadsheet, and databases.
- Researching issues where appropriate to present solutions to problems within the scope of work.
- Other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
1. High school diploma.
2. Excellent communication (interpersonal, written and verbal).
3. Strong organizational skills.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
5. Excellent attention to detail.
6. Experience with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, and SharePoint).
7. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
8. Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Ability to sit for several hours and lift/carry 20lbs.
11. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
1. Bilingual Spanish/English
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $30s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=140870
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.