Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job ID: R21-41
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position located in Buffalo, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The project focus is to improve functioning of local county departments of social services while working closely with staff of the project sponsors, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, to achieve the goals of safety, permanency, and well-being. Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming for experienced Caseworkers and Supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
⦁ Provide training, consultation, coaching, facilitation and technical assistance through needs assessment, case consultation, and review of case practice.
⦁ Identify and broker resources; develop district specific or regional performance improvement plans.
⦁ Prepare and support implementation of performance improvement action plans.
⦁ Analyze and interpret information about laws, regulations, policies, current research and best practice.
⦁ Review various curriculums to ensure alignment with State practice model.
⦁ Liaison with University, state and local agencies.
⦁ Preparation of reports.
⦁ Perform other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field;
2. Two years’ experience in development and delivery of training and an understanding of adult learning;
3. Four years’ experience in comprehensive child welfare programs and national and state legislation, performance standards and best practices;
4. Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives;
5. Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written skills;
6. Applicant must address in their application their abilities and experience in working with a culturally diverse groups of people;
7. Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting;
8. Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products;
9. Ability to travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver trainings and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation, and
10. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in child welfare services/child protective services;
2. Experience in the development and delivery of child welfare training curricula;
3. Successful project management experience.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $60s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on an issue in the child welfare arena.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=136877
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.