Job Title: Project Staff Associate
Job ID: R21-39
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full time Project Staff Associate position within PDP’s Public Service Workshops Program in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The Project Staff Associate will assist other PDP staff in planning, coordinating, scheduling, and facilitating various training programs focused on the professional development needs of New York State employees, particularly those in Social Work/Counseling, Healthcare, and/or Law/Criminal Justice occupations. Duties include but are not limited to: Working with sponsors and other stakeholders to plan and coordinate training offerings; attend meetings focused on planning these events; locate qualified instructors; facilitate meetings and training programs; review and prepare training materials; coordinate training related data in Microsoft databases and learning management systems; and other duties as assigned to fulfill contractual obligations.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Public Administration, Public Policy, Adult Education, or related field.
2. 5 years’ experience related to workforce training.
3. Proficiency in MS Office products.
4. Excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to manage, prioritize and complete numerous tasks within established deadlines, attention to detail, and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
6. Ability to travel between project work-sites. Possible occasional travel to training sites within NYS, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
2. Experience related specifically to the training of the NYS workforce.
3. Knowledge of the training needs related to employees in Social Work/Counseling, Healthcare, and/or Law/Criminal Justice occupations.
4. Knowledge of NYS agencies and managerial, professional, and technical occupations.
5. Some database and learning management software experience.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the High $60s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=136740
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.