Job Title: Senior Education Specialist
Job ID: R21-37
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Senior Education Specialist position within PDP’s Public Service Workshops Program in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under direction of the Department Manager or designee, position serves as project staff and primary instructional design and curriculum development specialist for adult education/training program that supports current NYS professional development initiatives; and serves as trainer and liaison to project sponsor contacts.
Duties include, but are not limited to: planning, researching, designing, developing, and implementing a variety of performance-based curricula and educational materials, including in-person training, virtual training, e-learning, and self-paced educational and performance support materials; reviewing and monitoring curricula and written products to assure quality and conformance with project objectives; delivering classroom training throughout NYS; interpreting/using training evaluation data to revise/modify training curricula/materials; completing assignments independently and within team settings; maintaining complete records, preparing routine reports, and assisting preparation of materials for sponsors; and performing other duties as assigned to meet contract requirements. 100% position. Ability to work variable days and work hours, travel occasionally throughout NYS, and lift and carry up to 40 lbs. required.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, English, Communications, or related field, and a minimum of 3 years of experience in coordination, development, delivery, and evaluation of adult training programs in traditional and non-traditional settings.
2. Excellent writing, speaking, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively write, critique, and develop instructional design and project work plans, training objectives, curricula, and educational materials (print and electronic).
4. Thorough knowledge of traditional and non-traditional adult training methods and commitment to developing/delivering performance-based training that incorporates adult learning principles.
5. Demonstrated ability to successfully work under pressure and attend to details, as well as effectively work on multiple projects with competing priorities/deadlines in shared staff resource setting.
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently, but also lead projects and encourage teamwork.
7. Working knowledge of NYS agencies, employees, and occupations, and strong customer orientation.
8. Demonstrated proficiencies using Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Explorer, and document and presentation templates.
9. Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
10. Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
11. Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel occasionally throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
12. Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in Instructional Design, Curriculum Development, Adult Education, English, Communications, or related field.
13. Four or more years of experience in coordination, development, delivery, and evaluation of adult training programs in traditional and non-traditional settings.
14. Successful experience in creating virtual training materials.
15. Successful experience in technical writing and instructional design.
16. Successful project management and leadership experience.
17. Proficiencies using web conferencing or e-learning technology (e.g., GoToWebinar, Lectora).
18. Experience working within a state agency or professional development organization.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $60s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on curriculum development.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=136141
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.