Job Title: Front-End Web Developer
Job ID: R21-34
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Front-End Web Developer position within PDP’s Instructional Technologies Unit in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
1. Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in computer science, information technology, human-computer interaction, accessibility, or another related field.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of web development standards, including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and Section 508 Accessibility Standards.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
5. Significant experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional.
6. Ability to work under pressure and meet posted deadlines.
7. Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
8. Ability to handle multiple projects.
9. Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to learn new tools and technologies.
1) Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in computer science, information technology, human-computer interaction, accessibility, or another related field.
2) Experience in the audit, testing, and remediation of documents and other web-based content to meet or exceed current federal and NYS accessibility guidelines.
3) Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Primarily InDesign).
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $60s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for a final interview will be expected to complete an assignment.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=135607
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.