Job Title: Workforce Advisor for the Perkins Grant
Location: SUNY Brockport Rochester Educational Opportunity Center
- Advice and counsel prospective students on career pathways during admissions and on admission procedures.
- Enter relevant data on student demographics in the Banner system as required by enrollment management.
- Provide and/or direct students with disability and/or economic needs to available REOC and/or community based services to satisfy these needs.
- Facilitate in portfolio and resume advisement.
- Conduct general community outreach campaigns prior to admissions as directed by enrollment management.
- Collaborate with external agencies (especially workforce preparation providers).
- Participate and assist in career fair events, Student Graduation events and other facilitating activities as directed by enrollment management in consultation with the grant project director.
- Perform other duties as needed by enrollment management and/or directed by the grant project director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, Education, Counseling or related field.
- Two (2) years demonstrated work experience in career counseling and/or case management with young adults.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Strong computer skills with word processing and database abilities (MS Office).
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience working with individuals facing multiple barriers to success (i.e., economically disadvantaged, disabled, etc.)
- Ability to work with a culturally and ethnically diverse population.
- Master’s degree in Business administration, Education, Counseling or related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience working in an educational environment with young adults
- Two (2) or more years demonstrated experience working with a culturally & ethnically diverse population
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience working with academically under-prepared and economically challenged population
- Knowledge of/experience with Best Plus and TABE testing
COMPENSATION: $34,000-$36,000 range
DURATION OF APPOINTMENT: through 6/30/21, eligible for renewal, pending grant application approval
TO APPLY: contact Wendy Welling, Director, Rochester Initiatives to Sustain & Excel, SUNY Brockport Rochester Educational Opportunity Center at email@example.com.