Job Title: Computer Applications Trainer
Job ID: R21-08
Location: Rockefeller College
Full/Part Time: Full time
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a a Computer Applications Trainer position within PDP’s Department of Computer Training Services in Albany, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, support the deployment and use of a New York State (NYS) child welfare proprietary application in state, local government, and social service agencies throughout NYS by delivering instructor-led classroom-based and virtual classroom technology training. Duties include, but are not limited to: Travel within NYS and train new and experienced child welfare workers on the use of the statewide computer system in online, web-based and lab-based settings, provide post-classroom support and technical assistance to users in local district offices and voluntary agencies, maintain a working knowledge of system functionality as it is updated and modified, complete required reports and documentation as needed, and assist in the development and revision of curricular materials, including content development, editing, proofreading, formatting and document organization.
1) Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in related field.
2) A minimum of two years' experience in technical training for adult learners.
3) Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
4) Demonstrated computer proficiency in use of email, electronic calendar, computer templates, word processing, PowerPoint, and Internet.
5) Demonstrated ability to learn new software products and operating systems quickly.
6) Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
7) Ability to work with a team, manages multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
8) Ability to lift and transport computer equipment up to 40 lbs.
9) Ability to work variable days and work hours and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings, including travel to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
1) Master's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization, in related field.
2) Knowledge of the New York State Child Welfare and CONNECTIONS application.
3) Experience setting up and working with wireless PC networks and mobile labs.
COMPENSATION: Salary is expected to be in the Low $50s
BENEFITS: The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, offers exceptional benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, pension plans, competitive pay, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, life insurance and long-term disability insurance. The University at Albany offers a variety of performing arts, world class libraries, and competitive sporting events.
HOW TO APPLY:
Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application.
To apply go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=129431
Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.
CLOSING DATE: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, the Research Foundation will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.