2018 CEANY Conference
Call For Proposals
CEANY has a strong community of practice. We share best practices so that we can learn from each other. We want to hear from our members and give you the opportunity to share new ideas, practices, policies and programs. We are seeking presentation proposals to support this year's conference theme: “Smarter Together: Leveraging knowledge,resources, and partnerships.”
How CEANY Selects Presentation Proposals:
- Your proposal will be reviewed by CEANY Conference Committee members
- Appropriateness of the topic to the conference theme
- Clarity of title, description and presentation outline
- Session format –Using multiple presenters, non-traditional pedagogy and participant engagement through active learning are encouraged
- Description of learning outcomes expected from the session
- Originality of the topic or distinction of perspective
- Submissions judged by CEANY Conference Committee reviewers to be simply advertisements for products or services or overly promotional in nature will not be accepted.
Deadline for submitting proposals is Friday, May 25 2018
- Presenters must have demonstrated expertise in their subject area and be prepared to teach and challenge conference attendees.
- All presenters must register and pay for the CEANY 2018 Conference.
- Sessions should be dynamic, interactive, and action-oriented. Ideally, all participants can transform newly acquired knowledge into action.
- All sessions must have an interactive activity to engage the audience.
- Telling the story at the presenter’s campus is important, but it is also important to be able to extract lessons learned so attendees know how to apply what they’ve heard- a “how to” piece of the session is helpful.
- The following components make up each session:
- Title of Your Presentation: Up to 10 words that accurately describe your session.
- Presentation Description: Up to 50 words that describe your session for the conference. This short description should clearly, persuasively and accurately tell attendees what to expect from your session. Attendees should be able to readily determine the scope and level of the session and its appropriateness for their needs.
- Full Presentation Description: Up to 250-word overview and outline of your session that explains session content in more detail. This information is will ensure that your session is well understood by the Conference Committee.
- Three Key Takeaways: Three anticipated learning objectives for participants.
- Support Materials: Note what materials you will use to support participant learning (i.e. PowerPoint presentation, hand-outs, etc.)
Click here to submit a presentation proposal