CEANY Conference Safety Plan
The health and safety of all CEANY conference attendees is our top priority. We are closely monitoring government mandates and policy changes, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and Saratoga County Public Health directives. As information pertaining to COVID-19 safety continues to develop, we will adjust our approach as needed and keep you up to date with new developments to ensure a coordinated effort and a safe environment for all CEANY conference attendees.
For all attendees:
• For the health and safety of all, CEANY Annual Conference attendees, presenters and vendors should wear a face covering, indoors, at all times, except while eating and drinking, or presenting with appropriate social distancing, regardless of your vaccination status.
• Vaccination information is not being collected for attendees, presenters or vendors and we are not able to provide any information regarding an individual’s status.
• All conference attendees should review the COVID safety information available online and will receive an email with COVID safety information in advance of the conference.
• At the close of the conference, participants will receive a link to complete a program evaluation, which will ask specific questions about their satisfaction with the conference and their comfort level with COVID safety precautions in place.
• During the conference, if attendees have questions or concerns regarding COVID safety, they should bring those concerns to the registration desk.
During Meals, Breaks and Receptions:
• Conference attendees should wear their face covering indoors, at all times, except while eating and drinking.
• If you are eating and drinking while up and about, it is recommended that you maintain an appropriate social distance from others.
• Attendees may remove their face coverings while seated during meals.
During Plenary and Concurrent Sessions:
• Attendees in sessions should wear their face coverings, indoors, at all times, except while eating and drinking. We ask that concurrent session participants refrain from eating in presentation rooms.
• Presenters who are positioned at an appropriate social distance from attendees, may remove their face covering while speaking in their session.
COVID Precautions to Note:
• If a conference guest develops symptoms of COVID-19:
They should refrain from attending any further conference activities until they are well and/or have confirmed they are COVID negative.
• They should seek local healthcare for a COVID-19 test.
• If they receive a COVID-19 diagnosis, arrangements should be made to return home as quickly and safely as possible.
• Because vaccination status of conference attendees is unknown, it is advisable to use best practices in COVID safety including: staying home if you are unwell, maintaining social distance, wearing face coverings and washing hands regularly.
• Meals will still be a communal activity, but tables will have a bit of additional space so guests can distance more than usual.
Please note that all COVID-related policies and practices for the CEANY Annual Conference are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC, NYS, SUNY & CUNY, and the Embassy Suites
See what's new:
2021 Conference Brochure (TBA) (Member Log-in required)
Annual Meeting on Membership Information (Member Log-in required)